Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sunrise at the Beach

A day or so into our trip Ava began to ask to go watch the sunset at the ocean. John, being the good father he is, explained to Ava that the sun sets into the ocean on the West coast and it rises from the ocean on the East coast, where we were. So you know where this is going.... right? Ava asked to see the sunrise at the beach. With her dad. And John, being a very good father and a person who understands how important moments like these can be, agreed.

After looking up what time the sunrise could be anticipated, he set his alarm and woke early Wednesday morning. He shook Ava awake (while the rest of the house, including me snoozed) and walked with her to the ocean.

This is a beautiful picture of how excited my sweet girl is to see the sun rising, with her dad. And I can't help but notice that John didn't bother to brush that crazy salad of a hair-do on our sweet Patito before he left the house!









Being chased by the waves...









I hope she remembers this forever. I wasn't there and I don't think I'll ever forget that John and Ava did this together.










2 comments:

Hilary said...

I just spent the last several minutes getting caught up on all of your vacation posts! It looks like you had a fantastic time! What great memories for everyone. I love these pictures of Ava seeing the sunrise. I bet you can't wait to start planning your next trip there!!! I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Vivi said...

I'm catching up on your vacay posts too. This one made me get all teary - how sweet. And, that sunrise! It's breathtaking...how cool.