Friday, October 28, 2011

Re-do and a Preview


So the carpet in our highest traffic room, the living room, looks terrible.  It looks like we've been parking cars in there or something.  The carpet is almost six years old, it was cheap when we put it in and it has weathered spills and Orbit's house training.  In short it was time to replace it.... See for yourself.  (BTW, most of those spots pre-date the dog....)




So what are we replacing it with?  That's right, the last 300 square feet in Phillips Floors inventory of the hardwood we put in our kitchen and hallway this Spring. The wood's been delivered and is curing in our front room. I am warming to the idea of our whole main floor being hardwood. I guess I better get warmer - work starts Monday!




Tonight the girls went to Kid Fit Friday at the gym, where they had a Halloween costume party.  Here's the trick or treat preview - Amelia as Millie from Team Umi Zoomi - isn't she something?! So proud of the costume she and Grandma Jo worked on together.... She's got mighty math powers!




Ava, who envisioned her costume months ago, went as a mad scientist.  She had me poof out her hair (not that difficult) and smudge her face like there'd been an explosion in her lab.  With the help of her Papa Ray and Grandma Jo she rounded up a lab coat, borrowed from a friend and sported my dad's old glasses. She said, as we were leaving, "I look just like I thought I would, thank you mom."  She won best costume at the party tonight...



John flew out early this morning to Connecticut  to drive back with Meghan.  We get Meghan back!!!!  She'll stay with us for a bit while she firms up full time employment - we are thrilled to have her on her way back home.  I took advantage of the quiet house to... clean out my closet. Now that's a sad, sad state of affairs!  What did I learn in the closet cleaning?  I absolutely cannot buy any more sweaters.  But I must buy some pants.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh, I would give anything to replace the carpet in our house!! All wood will look beautiful! The girls' costumes are great, and we can't wait to see Meghan when we're down in a few weeks!