Full recap of the Twin Cities Marathon can be found here. I mean, why use 1 word, when you can use 10?! I love this picture John took of me and the girls, after I managed to compose myself at the end of the race. I hope I made them proud....
John and the girls drove home from Minnesota Sunday afternoon after a long day of chasing me around the course. I was too wiped to make the drive, so I imposed on Brian and Hilary for one more day and headed home Monday morning. I spent a few hours at home, attempting to restore some order before the end of the school day. My mother picked Orbit up and took him for a long walk on the trail. So this is pretty much how he spent the rest of his afternoon....
Tonight it is unseasonably warm and so, so beautiful. The girls were outside until the last possible bit of sunlight was gone, playing with their friends... Leftovers for dinner!
Did I mention I ran a marathon on Sunday? My friend Molly bought me this sticker as an enticement, a reward, a motivator after a long, hard training run. I know it might be a little bit (ok, a lot) obnoxious, but I love it and it makes me feel happy and proud every time I look at it.
3 comments:
Amazing accomplishment, Kate!!! I am so proud of you!!
I actually happen to love those car stickers. "Wear" it with pride!
You need to add a tri sticker as well! Show off what a great athlete you are! You've earned it!
Post a Comment