Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Last night was Beggar's Night which means Trick or Treating night in Iowa.  Why we trick or treat the night before Halloween?  I'm not exactly sure, but I was really glad to have Beggar's Night fall on a weekend! Amelia went trick or treating with her posse of friends, but she was a little wound up and hardly knew what to do with all that energy.  Here's Amelia and the gang....


Of course Ava went out with her very best friend - enjoying a beautiful evening.


Earlier in the day John and the girls carved their pumpkins - based on the condition of some of the jack-o-lanterns I saw around the neighborhood, I was glad they waited!  

Amelia's....


Ava's....


While the John and the girls carved their pumpkins I made dinner to officially welcome Meghan home.  We had chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes - her request - YUM! After making it several times I think this was the best batch, plus Ava loves it in her thermos for school.  For dessert I made Annie's Eats Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake and let me tell you it is worth every single fussy step.  The end result is like the texture of a light pumpkin pie with all the richness and taste of cheesecake.  Delish!!!!

Today construction begins on hardwood in our living room.  Once again we are cramming furniture in every available space in our house. Here's our couch and TV in the kitchen where they belong, right?!  Orbit thinks so!



No comments: