Sometimes it is just hard to be 5 year old Amelia. She is feisty, smart, nosy and a bit competitive. All of those endearing traits means she just simply cannot stand it if she is left out of anything. Ava, being the older sister, is less concerned with such things. And as you might imagine there are times when she would just like to be alone or play with her friends by herself. Yes, this pushes Amelia's buttons. Hard.
Yesterday afternoon it was hotter than blazes, so I decided to take the girls to the pool with their friends while John was at work. But because it was hotter than blazes I only lasted at the pool about an hour and a half. Amelia was a little droopy and Ava was begging for some "privacy" to play with Jessica, so I made Amelia rest on the couch for a little while.
Here she is all cozied up with her Belle doll......
To keep her out of Ava and Jessica's hair, I enlisted her help to make dessert. I found this recipe on a favorite cooking blog and thought it would be a fun one for the kids. (Oh the sacrificed I make for my kids) I put Amelia to work crushing up the Oreos when two big girls caught wind of what we were doing....
In a change of pace, I let Amelia decide if they got to help. Giddy with her new found power she agreed to let them be involved. Here they work on filling the pudding cups....
Miss Amelia, frightened of the final product! (BTW - they were so! good! How is it I've never made homemade pudding before? It is deliscous and very easy....)
We joined a CSA this year and the past week or so our veggies have been getting away from us. Last night's dinner made a dent in our overflowing vegetable drawer. I made stir fry, based on this recipe, with broccoli, snap peas, carrots and onion, all from the CSA.


No comments:
Post a Comment