We spent our first couple of nights in South Dakota with John's long time friend Scott and his wife Julie. They have property at a good sized lake about 45 minutes or so from Sioux Falls - Lake Madison. So after John, Lane, Scott and I ran their old cross country mile route we packed up and headed to the lake.
The day started with some cloud cover, but as we made our way to the lake it turned bright, clear and hot. A perfect lake day. We packed up the cooler, some snacks and were on the boat by 11:00am. Amelia approached the boat with some serious concern. "Promise me this won't sink?" The noises, the turns, all sent her into mini-panics. Slowly but surely her anxiety lessened and she started to enjoy herself. By the time we got off the lake for lunch she proclaimed, "At first I was scared, but now I'm just happy!" I'm sure the unlimited supply of orange pop and Cheetos helped a little....
Lane and Scott's son Nick started off the festivities with some bumper tubing. They even did a mid-ride tube swap, much to the delight of the little girls. When it was Ava and Amelia's turn to ride on the tubes they took a slightly more cautious approach....
I even took a spin....
A couple of happy friends after perfectly lovely day on the lake....
Some tired kids on the way back....


No comments:
Post a Comment