The last time we talked I had recounted our idillic 4th of July with some of our favorite people in Minnesota. The second part of our trip involved a journey to Owatanna for John's cousin's wedding. John's family has a tendency to show up in a big way for occasions like this and it was the first time Ava and Amelia were old enough to remember meeting many of the people who were there to celebrate Lori and Joel's wedding.
Saturday while John and his brothers and uncle were golfing Hilary and I took a crew of Moorlach's to a park we discovered while we were out for an early morning run.
These cousins were having such a ball playing together and posing like crazy for Hilary. Pyramid play....
Moorlach cousins all in a row....
My favorite picture, all in age order with Luke stealing the show....
Amelia's favorite thing to do is go to the park. Seriously. The park is currency for our Baby Boo. To sweeten the pot we got sandwiches at Subway (another big time favorite) to eat at the park. Even with all these Amelia-favorite-things after about a half an hour she started to power down. She asked to leave (what?) and then started to cry. I think she just needed a little break. Hilary was kind enough to agree to take everyone else back to the hotel while I tended to Amelia. We drove through Dairy Queen, went back to the hotel where she proceeded to tuck herself into bed, eat ice cream and watch some cooking on TV. Yeah.... that's my girl....
After a little downtime these girls were ready to get their wedding face on. Fancy dresses, time to celebrate!
Ava took this picture of me and John. I posted it to Facebook wondering if this is how she sees us? Except usually we are not nearly so fancy....
Missing some Meghan and Lane, but nice to get a shot of us in our wedding finery....
Oh would you look at that, it's me and Hilary, not wearing running clothes. As she said, we clean up pretty well!
Me and the littlest one. Love that girl....
But then the dancing started and there was no moving those Moorlach cousins from the dance floor. These kids were dancing with pure joy... for hours. It was such a good time. Ava and John....
I almost didn't post this picture that Hilary took - that blur in blue and white pretty much sums up Ava's time on the dance floor - because, what? I look sort of slumpy? My hair is showing signs of two hours of dancing on a humid July day? But that blur you see is Ava having a ball, you can see Mattie in the background getting his own groove thing on. And I remembered this post I read about making sure moms keep themselves in the picture and I knew I would much rather the girls see this photo knowing how much fun I had dancing with them.
Same here, with John, in a whirl of a conga line, having a fantastic time....
When we finally cleared out for the night the dance floor lost some serious energy... But even tonight, several days later, as the kids were telling their Papa and Grandma tales from their weekend in Minnesota their faces lit up and they demonstrated the chicken dance with total joy. How fabulous is that?












No comments:
Post a Comment