After a full morning at the triathlon we hustled home, showered up, regrouped a little and headed off to another wedding. The girls school year nanny Dolly and her husband Dean invited us to attend their son Tad's wedding. They have so adopted Ava and Amelia into their family, we wouldn't have missed it. The wedding was at a vineyard in Ames, the setting was lovely and by luck the weather was gorgeous for an outdoor wedding.
The girls with their beloved Dolly....
After the wedding while we waited on dinner the girls played on the bean bag toss with John.
It had been a busy day and we scooted out after dinner, before the dancing started, much to the disappointment of Ava andAmelia, the dancing queens. However, our decision to leave was confirmed when they fell asleep in the car on the way home!
Sunday morning John and Lane went to play some golf. When they got home it was too warm for me to go for a run, so I took my bike out for a spin. It turned out to be a short spin as I took a turn, grazed my bike cleat with my front tire, lost my balance and got tangled up in my bike on the way to the ground. The result is a fracture in my left elbow, gained as I was bracing myself from the fall. The urgent care physician took an x-ray, gave me some pain killers and a sling. I have an appointment with an orthopedic physician later this week.
In the meantime, this has pretty much been my view from the couch... My sweet pup is guarding me like it's his full time job while I doze from the pain killers, ice my arm and try not to jostle myself.
Typing a blog post, like nearly everything, is much harder one handed. I actually made it to work today for a half day, but felt like I needed to apologize to my co-workers for my hair-do! John and the girls have been wonderful and attentive. I hope I take the lesson to slow down and let people help me. Because right now I am feeling mopey about the impact to our summer, already missing running, cooking and sleeping on my side.



No comments:
Post a Comment